The aim of this page is to keep you informed of the Work Related Curriculum and associated activities as well as providing Information, Advice & Guidance. This will be achieved through:
- Self-development (Helping students to understand themselves and develop their capabilities)
- Career exploration (Helping students to investigate careers and opportunities)
- Career management (Helping students to implement their plans)
At Oakwood School we provide a programme for all our students enabling them to have access to full and informative career progression which is supported by an Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) Advisor. For more details on what you can expect for your child, please see the relevant Guide to the Curriculum in the Download section.
Baker Clause Statement:
- All students from years 7-11 are entitled find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available.
- Hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options evening, assemblies and group discussions and taster events;
- Understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
Any provider who wishes to engage with the school should email the Careers Lead at email@example.com
You will also find details here of colleges, special events in school, trips and lots more. If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve our service please email Miss P Johns on firstname.lastname@example.org or via the schools main number- 01293 785363
Follow us on twitter @OakwoodCareer
National Careers Service
The National Careers Service are dedicated to helping you get the advice you need for future skills, careers, work and life choices.
Reigate Grammar School Sixth Form Q&A Event
Collyers Virtual Open Evening
Please find details regarding Collyer's virtual open evening for Year 10s below:
Follow the link for South East Surrey Colleges Application System
Please find website links to local colleges below;
Please find below information in regards to Apprenticeships:
|Education Development Trust LMI Bulletin No 87 - April 2022||20th Apr 2022||Download|
|Invitation to Reigate Grammar School Sixth Form Virtual Live QA Tuesday 10 May 2022||28th Apr 2022||Download|
|OAKWOOD CAREERS PROGRAMME 2021 2022||02nd Dec 2021||Download|
|12D ii CAREERS Education Information Advoice and Guidance Provider Access Policy||31st Dec 2019||Download|
|Careers Action Plan 2020 2021||30th Sep 2020||Download|
|Oakwood Careers Policy 2020||30th Sep 2020||Download|
|Summer Open Events||12th May 2021||Download|
|Education Development Trust LMI Bulletin No 85 February 2022||02nd Feb 2022||Download|