Welcome To the Study Centre
The Study Centre is located on the ground floor of the main building and are open from 09:05am – 4:00pm, Mondays to Fridays.
We have a huge range of resources, including:
- Fiction – story books (genres including Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Horror/Mystery)
- Non-fiction – factual and information books
- Reference books – dictionaries, atlases, encyclopaedia etc
- 30 Computers – to use at break, lunchtime and after school
- Careers Section – An area for KS4 revision books, college prospectuses and careers books
We hold a number of clubs in the Study Centre throughout the week:
Book Club (Years 7 & 8) - Wednesday Lunchtime (1.25pm – 2.00pm)
Book Club (Year 9) - Thursday Lunchtime (1.25pm – 2.00pm)
Games Club (All Years) – Friday Lunchtime (1.25pm – 2.00pm)
Homework/Quiet Reading - After school (3:05pm – 4:00pm)
Using The Study Centre
Students in years 7 and 8 have regular reading lessons in the Study Centre with their English teachers. All students are welcome to come in and use our facilities and resources at break and lunchtime, as long as they are using them for school-related purposes.
The school shop is also located just outside of the study centre, where students can purchase a range of stationery, school equipment and revision guides. The shop is open every break and lunch time.
- All books must be checked out with a member of staff and returned (or renewed) by the date stamped inside.
- Up to 3 books can be borrowed at a time.
- Books may be borrowed for two weeks.
- Items with a Reference label cannot be removed from the Study Centre.