Welcome to the Oakwood Study Centre
We are on the ground floor of the main school building and at the heart of the school. We are open Mondays to Fridays from 9.05 am to 4.00 pm (3.05 pm on Fridays).
We have a huge range of resources, including:
- Fiction – story books (genres including Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Horror/Mystery)
- Non-fiction – factual and information books
- Reference books – dictionaries, atlases, encyclopaedia etc
- Computers and the Internet
- Careers Section – An area for KS4 revision books, college prospectuses and careers books
We hold a number of clubs in the Study Centre throughout the week:
Homework Club (All Years) – Monday to Thursday After School (3.05pm – 4.00pm)
Revision/Homework Catch-Up (Year 11) - Tuesday Lunchtime (1.25pm – 2.00pm)
Craft Club (All Years) – Wednesday After School (3.05pm – 4.15 pm)
Book Bugs (Years 7 & 8) - Thursday Lunchtime (1.25pm – 2.00pm)
Tabletop Gaming Club (All Years) – Friday Lunchtime (1.25pm – 2.00pm)
Members of the Lunchtime clubs are allowed to bring their food with them as long as they are sensible and tidy everything away.
Using the Study Centre
All students in year 7 and 8 have regular reading lessons in the Study Centre with their English teachers. All students are welcome to come in and use our facilities and resources at break and lunchtime, as long as they are using them for school-related purposes.
A team of student helpers work with us as library assistants – let us know if you’d like to help!
- All items must be checked out with a member of staff and returned (or renewed) by the date stamped inside.
- Up to 3 items can be borrowed at a time.
- Books may be borrowed for two weeks.
- Items with a Reference label cannot be removed from the Study Centre.
- We will charge for lost books.