How to open Encrypted Emails
Below you can find details on how to open encrypted emails on a PC, Laptop or Mobile device:
- Firstly, open the email and download the attachment called "message.html".
- You need to make sure that the attachment is downloaded and not "previewed"
- If you have downloaded the email, a bar will appear along the bottom of your screen
- If you are prompted, click "Open" to view the attachment. Some devices may automatically open the attachment.
- If you have not downloaded the message, it will look like below:
- Once you have downloaded and opened the attachment, you will have two options to open the message
- The first option is to sign in to your Microsoft account (This may also be your work account).
- If you do not have a Microsoft account, use the one time passcode option.
- If you have signed in via a Microsoft account, the message should now open. If you are using the passcode, follow the remaining instructions.
- Once you have clicked the passcode option, you will recieve another email containing the code.
- Next, enter the code and click "Continue". The email will then open and you can view its contents.
If you are opening the Email on a Mobile device, please use the default Web browser or Email app. (As some apps are not supported)